At Congregational Church of Pinehurst we seek to share God’s love and justice with the world. To that end we receive with respect, and nurture with intention, the gifts of all who come to us on their journey of faith. We also seek to be inclusive of all human diversity in the life of our church.
Our church’s energy is constantly renewed by Pastor Brent Bissette’s challenging and uplifting sermons, the beautiful music of our choir, our noisy and laughter-filled fellowship after church and the many mission-related community programs our members lead.
“The Congregational Church of Pinehurst, UCC, is called to follow Jesus’ way of love, justice and inclusion. We do this by:
• facing issues of faith openly and honestly
• nourishing the spirit of God within us all
• creating a caring community
• celebrating human diversity
• respecting the wisdom of other religious traditions
• working with others to create a just society
• promoting the sustainable and equitable use of the earth’s resources
We invite all to join us regardless of age, race, gender or sexual orientation.
“Wherever you are on life’s journey you are welcome here.”
- Coalition for Human Care–monthly food collections
- MANNA–Preparing meals for the hungry
- Habitat For Humanity
- Moore County Literacy Council tutoring
- Manor Care–elder interaction
- Fair Trade Coffee Project
- Our Prayer Shawl Ministry
Mission, Peace and Justice Team
To guide the church in expressing our faith through advocacy, service and financial gifts. Through educational programs open to the community, we further seek to increase awareness and illuminate values involved in issues of social justice, environmental sustainability and human need locally and in the world.
Our Goals are to:
- Extend God’s love as we know it through the 5 offerings of the United Church of Christ’s “Our Church’s Wider Mission” (OCWM).
- Educate our congregation to the reality of hunger and poverty.
- Research the causes of human need and poverty and act as advocates and agents of change.
- Maximize the availability of nutritionally adequate food through service and financial gifts.
- Support human services agencies that provide emergency relief, elder care, housing, literacy services and more for the people in Moore County